Current Job Openings at SCYC:
Middle School Program Coordinator
- Act as a representative of SCYC programs and promote pro social opportunities for youth in Montezuma and Dolores Counties.
- Plan middle school program activities for the upcoming year. Manage and share middle school programming on google calendar.
- Assist High School Programs Coordinator: recruitment, planning, transportation, food coordination, and other general support for High School Leadership and Youth Adult Partnership.
- Ensure the safety of program participants and staff during program events.
- Manage Middle School program budgets within bounds created by Director.
- Use SCYC credit card or petty cash to purchase program supplies. Record expenses as directed by SCYC policies. Return receipts in a complete and timely manner. Maintain organizational and personal integrity surrounding money use.
- Track progress of deliverables and ensure the collection and recording of middle school program data. Keep Director informed of said progress:
- Maintain database of program statistics including participant demographics
- Assist Director with data and photographic requirements for grant applications and reports
- Send pre and post-tests to data processing organizations in a timely manner. Inform Director of met deadlines.
- Identify and establish recruitment processes with local schools:
- Outreach to school staff and students to identify best recruitment strategies for middle school programming
- Arrange identified recruitment process with schools
- Provide monthly reports to SCYC Director on middle school programming.
- Recruit and train middle school age Media Ready mentors and support them in leading the program in designated schools.
- Recruit teachers for MR program implementation.
- Maintain good standing with school district personnel. Aim to work within district needs and scheduling.
- Prepare materials for trainings. Attend training sessions to ensure fidelity.
- Guide youth to develop, organize and facilitate classroom activities creatively and to hold the attention of middle school students.
- Organize and maintain records of all Media Ready participants, teachers and school districts.
- Collect, clean and process MR survey data for significance. Report this data in an organized manner to the Director by May 20th, 2018.
- Recruit adult and youth members for the committee. Hold at least six preparation meetings with the Teen Maze steering committee.
- Hold monthly preparation meetings for Room Leaders. Answer questions and problem solve with them when necessary.
- Recruit schools and ensure sufficient student attendance for the two-day event.
- Prepare materials and meals, rent space and make any other necessary plans for annual TM event.
- Organize volunteers on TM event days.
- Budget for and reconcile expenses for the Teen Maze.
- Assist the SCYC Director with outreach and education efforts as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist in fund-raising events/efforts as needed.
- Keep Director informed of emerging issues.
- Maintain good working relationship with outside organizations at the programming level (teachers, principals, program managers etc).
- Travel to trainings, programs or for recruitment efforts as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay is $16-$18 per hour at 20 hours per week. 10-month contract, with a furlough in June and July. Sick, vacation and holiday leave earned. SIMPLE IRA offered after 90 days. Hiring is contingent on the applicant passing a federal background check. Send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org